The Corris Railway was the first Narrow Gauge railway in Mid-Wales.
Built originally in 1859 as a 2' 3" gauge horse-hauled tramroad,
steam locomotives arrived in 1878 and passengers were carried from 1883 to 1930.
The Railway closed in 1948 and was dismantled soon afterwards.
Our trains include provision for the carriage of wheelchair passengers and those with reduced mobility, as does the Museum and Ticket Office.
Well behaved dogs are welcome and are carried on the train at the discretion of the train crew.
The Corris Railway Museum opened in 1970 and passenger services recommenced in 2002, with regular steam-hauled services
returning in 2005, operated by volunteer members of the Corris Railway Society.
Trains run on the days shown in the timetable viewable here. The museum is open on these days between 10:30am
and 5:30pm and trains leave Corris station on the hour from 11:00am until 4:00pm.
The round trip taking 50 minutes, including a guided tour of the
137-year old engine shed and workshops at Maespoeth.
No single tickets are issued as under planning requirements all journeys must start and end at Corris Station.
Passenger services will be steam-hauled whenever possible, but this cannot be guaranteed.
Please phone on the day to check which locomotive will be operating.
Children (5 yrs to 15 yrs): £3.00,
Seniors (60 yrs and over): £5.50.
Family ticket (2 adults and 2 children): £15.00.
Museum admission: FREE.
If you are wishing to book a train or a party/group booking then please contact our Bookings Co-ordinator,
Charles Benedetto at
Corris Railway Group Bookings.
A Group Booking Form is available for download on the right hand side of this page.
The Corris Railway is not responsible for the content of external sites.